If you wish to add new contacts to your network, you can add contacts manually or import them.
Add contacts manually:
– Go to the menu Contacts and select Manage Contacts.
– Click on + New Contact and fill in the contact information, save your changes.
– Once the changes are saved you can click on List to add the contact to an existing list.
– Go to the menu Contacts and select Import.
There are two options to imports contacts, import a file or copy and paste contacts from your computer.
To download your contact lists as CSV file:
Click on the menu Settings and select Contacts settings.
In the Download contacts panel, choose a list to download, or all your contacts at once.
They will then be sent as a CSV file to your registered email address.
You can then import this list using e.g. Excel. If you choose all contacts at once, they will be presented in a list, but not divided into which list they are in.
The standard setting when you send something from Mynewsdesk is that the “from’ address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can customize the from address to your own email address eg. email@example.com. Go to the Settings menu and select Email settings.
To set up a custom “from address”, please read the technical instructions on how to configure DNS settings, giving us authorization to use your email address for your Mynewsdesk account.
This is for Professional or Enterprise customers.
The logo appears at the top of all pages in the newsroom.
To add or change your logo:
– Go to the menu Settings and select Newsroom settings.
At the top of the page on the right, you can remove the existing logo and also choose a new one.
Mynewsdesk supports the following file types: JPG, GIF or PNG.
– Click on Choose image, a folder opens on your computer, and you can navigate from there to find your logo and add it.
– Don’t forget to save at the bottom of the page.
In Settings and Newsroom settings you can write both of the company descriptions.
The Company description can be seen in the newsroom’s first page and the boilerplate is always presented directly at the bottom of your press releases.
The boilerplate may be exactly the same as the company description or a completely different text. You can also change it temporarily in a particular press release if you wish.
You can add more users to get access to your newsroom account:
– Click on the Settings menu and select Users and you will see those who have already registered and are users.
At the bottom of the page you can invite the new user by typing their email address.
– Click on Invite and the new user will receive an email with a couple of steps to follow to create their own login details. If they already have access to other accounts on Mynewsdesk, they must be completely logged out from these before creating new login details.
The link is only valid for two hours.
All your contacts are visible in the newsroom under the Contacts tab, but the difference is that press contacts are always shown as contacts on the first page of your newsroom, and are automatically included in your publications.
If you want to include a contact who is not a press contact in a publication, you will have to add them under Related material.
At Mynewsdesk, we tend to think of press releases as being somewhat more formal in style than news stories. This is where we publish events and happenings that might contain company information and heavier content with more news value.
News stories are often more informal in style and written as shorter stories, updates and newsletters.
We think of blog posts as the third stage of text content, and often use them to communicate tips and tricks, or to write more personal texts to share with our customers.
If you write a summary in e.g. a press release, the summary will not be shown in the actual publication.
The summary will be displayed in list views, like for example search engine results, social media feeds or on Mynewsdesk Stories (http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/stories). Moreover, it will be included in the email alerts which are sent out to followers of categories.
If you want the summary to appear in the press release, you will also have to include it in the body text, for instance as a preamble.
If you have forgotten your password:
– Go to our login page at http://www.mynewsdesk.com/user/signin
– Click on Forgotten password below the green Login button.
– This will bring you to a new page where you enter the email address you used to register your login details.
You will receive instructions by email on how to reset your password.